Transferring to BYU and the Marriott School of Management
Step 1 – Apply to BYU
- Apply to Brigham Young University through the admissions office.
(admissions.byu.edu; 801-422-2507; email@example.com)
- Send official transcripts from all previously attended institutions to BYU
- Check for general education transfer evaluation information at
Step 2 – Attend BYU and complete prerequisite courses
- In order to be competitive in the admission process, transfer students should complete some BYU courses (e.g., a semester) before applying to the MSM
- It is not advisable to transfer all of the prerequisite courses
Step 3 – Apply to the Marriott School of Management (after completing the prerequisite courses and completing at least one semester at BYU)
- Apply to the program
- Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Management and Recreation Management are limited enrollment programs. Students must complete the prerequisite courses before the application deadline and submit an application
- Acceptance into the Marriott School of Management programs is limited and competitive
- Information about prerequisite courses and application deadlines is available online
Marriott School Transfer Information
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that transfer courses will satisfy Marriott School requirements. Previously evaluated transfer course equivalents for select colleges can be accessed here.
Note: Not all schools are listed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For business courses that have not been evaluated by the Marriott School, transfer students may submit a request to have a course evaluated. Email a complete course syllabus, student name and BYU ID number to email@example.com. The evaluation process typically requires at least two weeks. If you have questions regarding courses taken at other colleges, contact the Management Advisement Center at (801) 422-4285 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Courses transferred from other institutions to fulfill PREREQUISITES will be discounted three-tenths of a grade point for the application process (an A becomes an A-, etc.)
- No transfer credits will be applied to a “core” class with a limit of 6 credits beyond the “core” classes
- Transfer equivalencies for MCom 320, Information Systems 201, and Acc 310 will not be considered