The Army ROTC Two-year Scholarship
The two-year scholarship is available to any student who has completed their freshman and sophomore years of college or is in their last two years of graduate study. To qualify for the scholarship, an applicant needs to qualify for the ROTC Advance Course. This can be done with placement credit for the Basic Course (i.e. Jr. ROTC, prior military service, member of reserve component, etc.). Otherwise the applicant can attend the for week ROTC Leaders Training Course (LTC) at Ft. Knox, Kentucky, during the summer to validate the scholarship before beginning the junior year. Those who attend LTC have no military obligation unless they decide to accept the two year ROTC scholarship. For more information about LTC visit the following links.
- 100 percent tuition or housing and living allowance
- $1,200 yearly book allowance
- ROTC Monthly Stipend $300-$500 a month
Call The BYU recruiting Office for details at 801-422-7725.
You're eligible for the two-year ROTC scholarship if you're ready to begin your junior year or have two years left of graduate school, will be a full-time student, and meet the following requirements:
- Have two years remaining until degree completion.
- Have good academic standing.
- Participated in leadership, extracurricular, and athletic activities (a part time job earns you substitute credit).
- Be under twenty-seven on June 30 of the year you expect to graduate (qualifying veterans may be granted an age extension of up to four years).
- Agree to accept a commission in the U.S. Army.
- Pursue an Army-approved academic major.
- Meet required physical standards.
- Complete the Basic Course before entering the Advanced Course.
Acceptance of a two-year scholarship commits you to accept a commission and serve full time in the active Army, or part time in either the Army National Guard or the U.S. Army Reserve for a total of eight years. Those who serve active duty serve a minimum of four years full time and 4 years on the Inactive Ready Reserve list. Those who join the Army National Guard or U.S. Army Reserve serve a minimum of six years with a unit and 2 years on the Inactive Ready Reserve list.
Where to Get An Application
To receive a two-year scholarship application, contact the BYU Recruiting Office (801) 422-7725 or write to:
Department of Military Science
Brigham Young University
320 Wells ROTC Bld.
Provo, UT 84602