The three-year scholarship is designed for sophomores. Students apply for the scholarship at the end of their freshman year. In keeping with our high standards of excellence, candidates are selected for merit-based scholarships on their scholastic achievement and extra-curricular accomplishments. Even if you're not awarded a scholarship now, there are other ROTC scholarship opportunities once you're in the program.
- 100 percent tuition or housing and living allowance
- $1,200 yearly book allowance
- ROTC Monthly Stipend $300-$500 a month
Call The BYU recruiting Office for details at 801-422-7725.
You're eligible for the three-year ROTC scholarship if you're ready to begin your sophomore year, will be a full-time student, and meet the following requirements:
- Have three years remaining until degree completion.
- Have good academic standing.
- Participated in leadership, extracurricular, and athletic activities (a part time job earns you substitute credit).
- Be under twenty-seven on June 30 of the year you expect to graduate (qualifying veterans may be granted an age extension of up to four years).
- Agree to accept a commission in the U.S. Army.
- Pursue an Army-approved academic major.
- Meet required physical standards.
- Complete the Basic Course before entering the Advanced Course.
As a winner of a three-year scholarship, you are required to complete the MS I and MS II ROTC classes before you start the Advanced Course. Upon graduation, you have an obligation to accept a commission and serve full time in the Active Army, or part time in either the Army National Guard or the U.S. Army Reserve for a total of eight years. This time may be served in a combination of full-time or part-time service.
Where to get an Application
To receive a three-year scholarship application contact the BYU Recruiting Office at (801)422-7725 or write:
Department of Military Science
Brigham Young University
320 Wells ROTC Bld.
Provo, UT 84602