- "Game Theory, Conditional Preferences and Social Influence (with W. Stirling)", PLOS ONE, 2013.
- "What Are Microfoundations? (with Jay Barney)", Academy of Management Perspectives, 2013.
- "Organizational Economics of Capability and Heterogeneity (with Argyres, Foss and Zenger)", Organization Science, 2012.
- "The (Proper) MIcrofoundations of Routines and Capabilities: A Response to Winter, Pentland, Hodgson and Knudsen (with Nicolai Foss)", Journal of Institutional Economics, 2012.
- "A Framework for the Design and Synthesis of Coordinated Social Systems", Social Informatics, Pages 351-364, 2012.
- "A Theory of Nascent Entrepreneurship and Organization (with Thorbjørn Knudsen)", Managerial and Decision Economics, 2012.
- "Microfoundations of Routines and Capabilities: Individuals, Processes and Structures (with Nicolai Foss, Koen Heimeriks, and Tammy Madsen)", Journal of Management Studies, 2012.
- "Cosmologies of Capability, Markets and Wisdom of Crowds", Managerial and Decision Economics, 2012.
- "The Endogenous Origins of Experience, Routines and Organizational Capabilities: The Poverty of Stimulus (with Nicolai Foss)", Journal of Institutional Economics, 2011.
- "Theories of the Firm-Market Boundary (with Todd Zenger and Lyda Bigelow)", Academy of Management Annals, 2011.
- "Information Aggregation, Matching and Radical Market-Hierarchy Hybrids: Implications for the Theory of the Firm", Strategic Organization, 2011.
- "Causal and Constitutive Relations and the Squaring of the Coleman Diagram (with Peter Abell and Nicolai Foss)", Erkenntnis, 2010.
- "Finding the Organization in Organization Theory: A Meta-theory of the Organization as Social Actor (with Brayden King and Dave Whetten)", Organization Science, 2010.
- "Comparative Organizational Analysis (with Dave Whetten and Brayden King)", Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Volume 26, Pages 3-20, 2009.
- "Entrepreneurs as Theorists: On the Emergence of Collective Beliefs and Novel Strategies (with Todd Zenger)", Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 2009.
- "Organizational Routines and Capabilities: Historical Drift and a Course-correction toward Microfoundations (with Nicolai Foss)", Scandinavian Journal of Management, 2009.
- "Performativity of Theory, Arbitrary Conventions, and Possible Worlds: A Reality Check", Organization Science, 2009.
- "Social Reality, the Boundaries of Self-Fulfilling Prophecy, and Economics", Organization Science, Volume 20, Pages 654-668, 2009.
- "The Knowledge Economy: Emerging Organizational Forms, Missing Microfoundations, and Human Capital. (with Todd Zenger & Josh Tomsik)", Human Resource Management, 2009.
- "The Practice of Theory-Borrowing in Organizational Studies", Journal of Management, Volume 35, Pages 537-563, 2009.
- "An Exchange of Ideas About Knowledge Governance: Seeking First Principles and Microfoundations (with JC Spender)", Knowledge Governance, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- "Finding the Organization in Organization Theory: A Meta-Theory of the Organization as a Social Actor", Organization Science, Edition issue #, Volume vol #, Issue issue #, Pages page #, pub, pub city, Editors, 2009.
- "Building Microfoundations for the Routines, Capabilities, and Performance Links (with Peter Abell and Nicolai Foss)", Managerial and Decision Economics, Volume 29: 489-502, 2008.
- "The Knowledge-based View, Nested Heterogeneity and the Individual: Philosophical Considerations on the Locus of Knowledge (with William Hesterly)", Academy of Management Review, Volume 32, Pages 195-218, 2007.
- "Strategic Organization: A Field in Search of Micro-foundations (with Nicolai Foss)", Strategic Organization, 2005.
- Special Issue Co-Editor,, Organization Science
- Special Issue Co-Editor, Research in the Sociology of Organizations (with Brayden King, Northwestern and Dave Whetten, BYU)
- Co-Editor, Strategic Organization
- Editorial Board, Academy of Management Review
- Special Issue Editor - "The Emergent Nature of the Firm, Markets and Wisdom of Crowds", Managerial and Decision Economics
- Special Issue Co-Editor, "Micro-Level Origins of Routines and Capabilities", Journal of Management Studies (with Koen Heimeriks, Nicolai Foss and Tammy Madsen)
- Editorial Board, Journal of Management
- Visiting Professor (Summer 2007, Summer 2009, Summer 2011), Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Helsinki University of Technology (Aalto University)
- Editor (Essays), Journal of Management Inquiry (with Mark de Rond, Cambridge University)
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Organization & Management, Goizueta Business School, Emory University 2004 - 2005
- Investment Manager, GP Ventures, Munich, Germany 2000 - 2000
- Business Analyst, Century Investment Group, Amman, Jordan 1999 - 1999
- Outstanding Scholarly Contribution Award (with Nicolai Foss) , Strategic Organization , 2010
- Ascendant Scholar , Western Academy of Management , 2009
- Lee T. Perry Fellowship , Marriott School , 2009
- Outstanding Reviewer Award , Academy of Management Review , 2009
- 2007-2008 MBA Outstanding Teacher of the Year (OBSA) , Marriott School
- 2010-2011 MBA Outstanding Teacher of the Year (OBSA) , Marriott School, BYU
- 2012 Marriott School Outstanding Researcher of the Year Award
- 2012-2013, MBA Outstanding Teacher of the Year (OBSA)