Associate Professor of Public Management,
Public Management, Romney Institute of
Public Management, Romney Institute of
Office: 767 TNRB
Phone: (801) 422-5956
- PhD, Business Administration with an emphasis in Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management, University of Utah, 2003
- MPA, Public Administration, Brigham Young University, 1995
- BS, Family Sciences, Brigham Young University, 1982
- Work Family Researchers Network 2011
- International Public Management Association for Human Resources 2006
- American Society for Public Administration - Association for academics and practitioners interested in public administration 2004
- Society for Human Resource Management - Association for academics and practitioners interested in HRM 2004
- Academy of Management - Academic association; includes annual international conference and associated journals 1999
- "An examination of traditional versus non-traditional benefits", Journal of Managerial Psychology, Edition 2, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages 112-131, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Dianna Stone, 2012.
- "Compressed workweeks: Strategies for successful implementation", Public Personnel Management, Edition 3, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 389-405, International Public Management Association for Human Resources, Alexandria, Virginia, Elizabeth Kirkland, 2012.
- "Meeting the Objectives of Business Ethics Education: The Marriott School Model and Agenda for Utilizing the Complete Collegiate Educational Experience", Management Education for Integrity: Ethically Educating Tomorrow's Business Leaders, Pages 217-242, Emerald Publishing, C. Wankel and A. Stachowicz-Stanusch, 2011.
- "Alternative Work Schedules in Local Government: Cui Bono?", Review of Public Personnel Administration, Edition 3, Volume 30, Issue 3, Pages 322-340, 2010.
- "Four day workweeks: Current Research and Practice", Connecticut Law Review, Edition 4, Volume 42, Issue 4, Pages 1031-1046, 2010.
- "Cities leading the way: The use of alternative work schedules", Municipal Year Book 2009, Pages 28-33, International City-County Management Association, Washington DC, 2009.
- "Compressed workweek schedules", Work-Family Encyclopedia, Sloan Work and Family Research Network, Chesnut Hill, MA, Steven Sweet and Judith Casey, 2009.
- "Fathers' religious and family involvement at home: Work and family outcomes", OPEN FAMILY STUDIES JOURNAL, Volume 1, Pages 56-65, 2008.
- "Alternative Work Schedules and Work-Family Balance: A Research Note", Review of Public Personnel Administration, Edition 2, Volume 28, Issue 2, Pages 166-177, Sage, 2008.
- "The Effect of Social Support on Work-Family Enhancement and Work-Family Conflict in the Public Sector", Public Administration Review, 2007.
- "The Effects of Social Support on Work-family Enhancement and Work-family Conflict in the Public Sector", Public Administration Review, Edition 1, Volume 67, Issue 1, Pages 75-87, Blackwell Publishing, Inc., Malden, MA, 2007.
- "The Effects of Career Dynamics on Multiple Forms of Work-family Conflict", Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Edition 1, Volume 24, Issue 1, Pages 99-116, 2003.
- "The impact of moral intensity dimensions on ethical decision making: Assessing the relevance of orientation", Journal of Managerial Issues, Edition 1, Volume 14, Issue 1, Pages 15-30, 2002.
- "The Relationship between Individual Power Moves and Group Agreement Type: An Examination and Model", SAM Advanced Management Journal, Edition 4, Volume 65, Issue 4, Pages 44-51, 2000.
- "On the Relationship between DSS Design Characteristics and Decision Making", Journal of Managerial Issues, Edition 2, Volume 11, Issue 2, Pages 180-197, 1999.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Instructor, Department of Management, University of Utah 1996 - 1999
- Academic Advisor, Office of Graduate Studies, Brigham Young University 1983 - 1996
- Visiting Instructor, Romney Institute of Public Management, Brigham Young University 1999 - 2001
- Research Fellowship , Melvin J. Ballard Center for Economic Self-Reliance , 2011
- Work-family Early Career Scholar , Sloan Foundation , 2007
- Doctoral Student Teaching Excellence Award , David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah , 1998
- Who's Who in Work and Family , Sloan Foundation
- Library and Scholarly Communication Advisory Council Committee/Council Member September, 2015
- RIPM Graduate Coordinator Graduate Coordinator 2007
- MSM Curriculum Committee Committee/Council Member August, 2003
- RIPM Curriculum Committee Committee/Council Chair August, 2002
- Four day workweeks: Current Research and Practice - Brigham Young University - BYU OB/HR Conference - 2010
- 4-Day/10-Hour Work Week: The Human Side of the Experience - - National Association of State Personnel Executives Annual Conference - 2009
- Four-day Work Weeks: Current Research and Practice - - University of Connecticut Law School Symposium: Redefining Work: Exploring the Four-Day Work Week - 2009
- Four-day Workweeks and other Alternative Work Schedules: Recent Research and Experience - - American Society for Public Administration - 2009
- Alternative Work Schedules: Research Findings and Implications for Implementation - - Utah City Management Association Fall Conference - 2008
- The Interactive Effects of Role Salience and Gender on Work-family Interface: Unpacking the Constructs of Work-family Interference and Work-family Enrichment - - Academy of Management Conference - 2008
- The Role of Mentoring in Public Service Career Advancement: A Preliminary Examination - - Midwest Political Science Association - 2008
- Alternative Work Schedules and Work-Family Balance: An Assessment from a Growing Municipality - - Southeastern Conference on Public Administration - 2006
- Social Support and Work-family Interaction: Is it Conflicting or Enhancing? - - Academy of Management - 2003
- The Study of Work-family Interaction and Role-identity Salience: Does Gender Really Matter? - - Academy of Management - 2003
- What is wrong? The Impact of Moral Intensity Dimensions on Ethical Decision Making - - Academy of Management - 2001
- The Effect of Social Support Source and Work-family Conflict on Satisfaction - - Western Academy of Management Meetings - 2000
- The Effects of Career Dynamics on Multiple Forms of Work-family Conflict - - Southwest Academy of Management Meetings - 2000