Accountancy, School of
Accountancy, School of
Office: On Leave until January 2017 TNRB
- PHD, ACCOUNTING, CORNELL UNIVERSITY, 1988
- MAC, ACCOUNTING, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1982
- BS -- summa cum laude, ACCOUNTING, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1981
- "Intermediate Accounting, 19th edition", Pages 1300, Cengage, Cincinnati, Ohio, 2012.
- "Intermediate Accounting, 18th edition", Pages 1300, Cengage, Cincinnati, Ohio, 2010.
- "How the French Put U.S. Adoption of International Accounting Standards on the Rocks", Marriott Alumni Magazine, Volume Fall 2010, Pages Pages 12 through 15, Marriott School of Management, Provo, Utah, 2010.
- "Accounting: Concepts and Applications, 11th Edition", Accounting: Concepts and Applications, 11th Edition, Pages 1000, South-Western, Cengage Learning, Cincinnati, OH, 2009.
- "Analyst Forecasting Ability and the Stock Price Reaction to Forecast Revisions", Review of Accounting Studies, Volume 5, Pages 259-272, 2000.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Visiting Professor, Moscow School of Management (SKOLKOVO) 2012
- Visiting Professor, China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) 2001
- Visiting Professor, Kellogg-HKUST Executive MBA Program 1998
- Professor, Brigham Young University 1998
- Assistant Professor, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology 1995 - 1998
- Assistant Professor, Rice University 1990 - 1995
- Assistant Professor, University of Arizona 1987 - 1990
- Best Professor Award -- Graduating Class 2013 , HKUST EMBA for Chinese Executives , 2013
- Best Professor Award -- Graduating Class 2012 , HKUST EMBA for Chinese Executives , 2012
- Best Professor Award -- Graduating Class 2011 , HKUST EMBA for Chinese Executives , 2011
- Karl G. Maeser Teaching Excellence Award , Brigham Young University , 2011
- KH13 Graduating Class Best Professor Award , Kellogg-HKUST EMBA Program , 2011
- Merrill J. Bateman Award, Outstanding Faculty , Marriott School , 2008
- First Year Best Professor , University of Illinois -- The Executive MBA , 2007
- Marriott School Teaching Excellence Award , Brigham Young University , 2004
- Best Ten Lecturers, 1996, 1998 , The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology , 1996
- Excellence in Teaching Award , Rice University , 1995
- Phi Beta Kappa Teaching Prize , Rice University , 1995
- BPA Professor of the Year , University of Arizona , 1987
- Academic Innovation Task Force Committee/Council Member September, 2011 - April, 2012