Department Chair and Donald L. Staheli Professor,
Marketing and Global Supply Chain, Department of
Marketing and Global Supply Chain, Department of
Office: 660A TNRB
- "Managing Supply Chain and Operations", Edition First, Issue First, Pearson, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2015.
- "An Assessment of Research in Quality Management and an Agenda for Future Research", Quality Management Journal, Edition 2, Volume 21, Issue 2, Pages 17-44, American Society for Quality, Milwaukee, WI, 2014.
- "A Retrospective View of Research in the Quality Management Journal: A Keyword and Thematic Analysis", Quality Management Journal, Edition 1, Volume 20, Issue 1, American Society of Quality, Milwaukee, WI, 2013.
- "Furthering the Study of Global Supply Chain Quality Management", Quality Management Journal, Edition 2, Volume 18, Issue 2, Pages 7-9, 2011.
- "Towards a Better Understanding of Supply Chain Quality Management Practices", International Journal of Production Research, Edition 8, Volume 49, Issue 8, Pages 2285-2300, 2011.
- "Rethinking Outsourcing: Emerging Quality Issues", Strategic Innovators Edition 3, Volume 1, Issue 3, Pages 26-29, 2011.
- "On Baldrige Core Values and Commitment to Quality", Quality Management Journal, Edition 3, Volume 17, Issue 3, Pages 21-34, 2010.
- "Does Six Sigma Improve Performance?", Quality Management Journal, Volume 14, Pages 7-20, American Society for Quality, Milwaukee, WI, 2009.
- "On Differences in How Operations and Supply Chain Managers Approach Quality Management", International Journal of Production Research, Volume 46, Pages 6933-6944, Taylor and Francis, 2008.
- "Towards an Understanding of Supply Chain Quality Management", Journal of Operations Management, Volume 26, 2008.
- "Does One Size Fit All? Understanding Organizational Context and the Contingency Approach to Quality", Quality Progress, 2006.
- "Team Climate and Teamwork in Government: The Power of Embedded Leadership", the International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management., 2005.
- "FreeQuality: Using Service Learning to Motivate Student Learning", Decision Science Journal of Innovative Education, 2004.
- "On Functional Differences and Quality Understanding", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Volume 9, Pages 86-102, 2002.
- "The Role of Quality Tools in Improving Satisfaction With Government", Quality Management Journal, Volume 9, Pages 20-31, 2002.
- "Expect the Unexpected: Enterprise information system at a state water resource department improves process, quality, and customer service", Quality Progress, Volume 34, Pages 49-55, 2001.
- "Quality Improvement Approach and Performance: Multi-Site Analysis Within a Firm", Journal of Quality Management, Volume 5, Pages 1-16, 2001.
- "The Impact of Customer Contact on Environmental Initiatives for Services Firms", International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Volume 20, Pages 187-203, 2000.
- "The Influence of Human Resource Practices on Empowerment and Employee Perceptions of Management Commitment to Quality", The Journal of Quality Management, Volume 4, Pages 5-22, 1999.
- "The Role of Quality in Export Firm Success", Quality Management Journal, Volume 6, Pages 55-70, 1999.
- "User Involvement During Information Systems Development: A Comparison of User and Analyst Perceptions of Systems Quality", The Journal of Engineering and Technology Management: Jet-M, Volume 16, Pages 329-348, 1999.
- "The Ups and Downs of Customer-Driven Quality: How to use strategic quality planning to anticipate customer needs", Quality Progress, Volume 31, Pages 67-72, 1998.
- "Lot Size Reduction in Services", Quality Engineering, Volume 10, Pages 343-346, 1997.
- "Utilizing Simulation to Develop Economic Sampling Plans for Integrated Circuit Manufacturing", International Journal of Production Research: The research journal of the Institution of Manufacturi, Volume 35, Pages 137-155, 1997.
- "An Examination of the Relationship Between Conformance and Quality-Related Costs", The International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management, Volume 13, Pages 50-63, 1996.
- "Examining The Impact of Speed of Quality Improvement on Quality-Related Costs", Decision Sciences, Volume 27, Pages 623-646, 1996.
- "Using Quality Management to Improve Customer Responsiveness at the IRS", The Production and Inventory Management Journal, Volume 37, Pages 37-43, 1996.
- "Assessing Process Reengineering Impacts Through Baselining", Benchmarking for Quality Management and Technology, Volume 2, Pages 4-19, 1995.
- "Designing and Initiating a Taguchi Experiment in a Services Setting", Operations Management Review, Volume 9, Pages 37-50, 1993.
- "Utilizing a Knowledge Based Decision Support System as Quality Management Consultant", International Journal of Production Research, Volume 30, Pages 2159-2171, 1992.
- Department Chair and Donald Staheli Professor of Business Management, Marriott School of Management 2014
- Scholarly Excellence Award , BYU Marriott School of Management , 2013
- Donald L. Staheli Chair in Global Supply Chain Management , Marriott School of Management , 2012
- Outstanding Researcher , Business Management Department , 2009
- Honorary Chapter Inductee , Alpha Iota Delta , 2002
- Instructional Innovation Award , Decision Sciences Institute - National , 2002
- Citation of Excellence for Research of the Highest Quality , Anbar , 1997
- Quality Management Journal Other January, 2016
- Decisions Sciences Journal Editorial Review Board Member 2007
- US Department of Commerce - Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Board of Overseers Board Member January, 2010 - July, 2013
- Journal of Operations Management Editorial Review Board Member 2007 - 2012