Associate Professor, Recreation Management, Department ofDownload Vita
Office: 425 W TNRB
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association - Primary 2003
- National Recreation and Park Association 1997
- Professional Ski Instructors of America 1996
- "Me, my spouse, and my avatar: The relationship between marital satisfaction and playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG’s).", Journal of Leisure Research, Edition 1, Volume 44, Issue 1, Pages 1-22, 2012.
- "Adaptive sports participation among veterans returning from combat with acquired disabilities", Therapeutic Recreation Journal, Edition 2, Volume 45, Issue 2, Pages 105-119, Sagamore, Urbana, IL, 2011.
- "Identity Negotiating: Re-defining Stigmatized Identities through Recreational Sports Participation among Individuals with Physical Disability", Journal of Leisure Research, Edition 2, Volume 43, Issue 2, Pages 205-225, Sagamore Publishing LLC, Urbana, IL, Kimberly J. Shinew, 2011.
- "Introduction to veteran issues: The role of therapeutic recreation", Therapeutic Recreation Journal, Edition 4, Volume 45, Issue 4, Pages 265-267, Sagamore, Urbana, IL, 2011.
- "Psychological need satisfaction through sports participation among international athletes with cerebral palsy", Annals of Leisure Research, Edition 1&2, Volume 13, Issue 1&2, Pages 102-115, 2010.
- "Measuring marital satisfaction: A comparison of the Revised Dyadic Adjustment Scale and the Satisfaction with Married Life Scale", Marriage and Family Review, Edition 4, Volume 45, Issue 4, Pages 412-429, 2009.
- "Using wheelchair sports to compliment disability awareness curriculum among college students.", Schole:A Journal of Leisure Studies and Recreation Education, Volume 23, Pages 61-74., National Recreation and Park Association, Ashburn, VA, 2008.
- "Influence of adapted sport on quality of life: Perceptions of athletes with cerebral palsy.", Disability and Rehabilitation, Pages 1-9, 2008.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification 1997
- Rank and Status Committee/Council Chair September, 2013
- Outdoor Committee Committee/Council Member 2009 - 2010
- Therapeutic Recreation Journal Editor, Associate Editor April, 2011 - October, 2011
- Recovery Ways — Substance Abuse Recovery January, 2013
- Utah State Hospital — Utilizing Motivational Interviewing in Therapeutic Recreation services September, 2011
- Female Veterans Involvement in Outdoor Sports and Recreation: A Theoretical Sample of the Identity Negotiating Model - University of Utah - This Land is Your Land Veterans Symposium - 2014
- Spousal Connectedness and Information and Communication Technology Device Use - Academy of Leisure Sciences - Leisure Research Symposium - 2012
- Relationships, communication and connectedness: A response to re-visioning leisure research in an increasingly digital world - National Recreation and Park Association - Leisure Research Symposium: Butler Lecture - 2011