- PhD, Finance, University of Washington, 2010
- MS, Business Administration, University of Washington, 2008
- MBA, , Brigham Young University, 2004
- "Do Takeover Defenses Deter Takeovers?", with Jon Karpoff and Eric Wehrly (working paper).
- "Golden Parachutes, Severance, and Firm Value", with Andrew Lund (working paper).
- "Right on Schedule: CEO Option Grants and Opportunism", with Rob Daines and Grant McQueen (working paper).
- "Trade Relationships, Indirect Economic Links, and Mergers", with Jarrad Harford and Jared Stanfield (working paper).
- "Do Outside Directors Face Labor Market Consequences? A Natural Experiment from the Financial Crisis", Harvard Business Law Review, with Steven Davidoff and Andrew Lund Edition 1, Volume 4, Issue 1, 2014.
- "Does the Director Labor Market Offer Ex Post Settling-Up for CEOs? The Case of Acquisitions", with Jarrad Harford, Journal of Financial Economics, Edition 1, Volume 110, Issue 1, Pages 18-36, 2013.
- Does the Director Labor Market Offer Ex Post Settling-Up for CEOs? The Case of Acquisitions - American Finance Association - American Finance Association Annual Meeting - 2013