Welcome to the BYU Executive MBA program application site. We look forward to receiving your Fall 2016 application. The application must be completed by the appropriate application deadline to be considered for Fall 2016 admission. All instructions for the application are included in the online application.
The Executive MBA application consists of the following:
- Online Application
- $50 application fee
- Personal information and educational background
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement and Honor Code Commitment
- Resume/Employment history
- Statement of Intent
- Three Professional Letters of Recommendation
- Transcripts and evidence of bachelor’s degree
- Test scores
- GMAT NOTE: The admissions committee will consider waiving the GMAT requirement for select applicants (typically with significant work experience in a quantitative area). To apply, fill out the form located here, then submit your EMBA application. Waivers are only granted WITH a completed EMBA application. Waiver requests will be evaluated along with evaluation for admission. For any questions, regarding this process or qualifications, please contact Julianne Gray, MBA Recruiting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) (for permanent residents)
The online application is a general application used by all graduate programs at BYU. The online application link takes you directly to the BYU Graduate Studies application page to access the application. After you submit the application, the MBA program will access it for processing and review.
- Resume: Please include months and years of employment for each job listed on your resume. Months need to be listed to allow the MBA program to accurately calculate and give you credit for your work experience.
- Statement of Intent: We recommend that the statement of intent be one to two pages, single spaced. In addition to using the statement to express why you want to attend BYU and what you bring to the program, you may use it as a letter of explanation to bring to the admission committee's attention anything you would like to explain that is not addressed elsewhere.
- Letters of Recommendation: The Executive MBA application requires three professional letters of recommendation. The letters of recommendation must be submitted online; instructions are available in the online application.
- Transcripts: You must upload an unofficial or academic record for each institution attended where credit was earned toward a Bachelor's Degree in the Educational Background section of the online application. These copies must be uploaded before you submit the application. Make sure your name appears on the transcript/record.
- Applicants with international degrees and transcripts should upload a scanned copy of their completed IERF credential evaluation report. Be sure to start the IERF credential evaluation 8-10 weeks before your admission deadline.
- Former BYU students should upload a PDF copy of their transcripts, which can be accessed on MyBYU by clicking on 'view grades' and selecting Progress Report.
- Please do not mail or fax a copy of a transcript or academic record to our office
- If you are recommended for admission you will then be asked to submit OFFICIAL or attested U.S. credentials (transcripts, academic records) in a sealed envelope, with a certification stamped across the seal to Graduate Studies.