Preparing to Apply
Admission to the program is based on the following:
- Prerequisite GPA
- Overall GPA
- 500-word essay
Please note that meeting or exceeding admission criteria does not guarantee admission.
The following prerequisite courses must be completed with at least a 3.0 average GPA (a grade of B or better is required in IS 201 and IS 303) with no more than one repeat for each course. Repeated and transfer courses will be discounted 0.3 (for example, from an A to an A-).
- IS 110: Spreadsheet Skills
- IS 201: Introduction to Management Information Systems
- IS 303: Introduction to Computer Programming
- ACC 200: Principles of Accounting
- FIN 201: Financial Management
- BUS M 241: Marketing Management
While not prerequisites to applying for the information systems program, the following courses must be completed before starting the junior core:
- ECON 110: Economic Problems and Principles
- STAT 121: Principles of Statistics
- M COM 320: Communication in Organizational Settings
Applying to the Program
Most students apply after their sophomore year. The application is due on the last business day of June at 4:30 p.m. All prerequisites must be completed and grades posted to the student’s transcript in order to apply.
After submitting your application, you will receive notification of the acceptance committee’s decision within one month. You may use the same application link to check the decision status of your application.Apply