NAC Member Selection Criteria
- High moral and ethical standards
- Recognized leader in his or her field
- Geographic and industry diversity
- Willingness to accept NAC-member responsibilities
- Affinity for BYU and the Marriott School of Management
- Individuals may be nominated by NAC members or Marriott School faculty and administrators. Nominees should not be made aware they are being nominated. A New NAC Member Nomination form should be completed and emailed to email@example.com by 31 December for membership consideration the following year.
- All NAC nominations are reviewed by the Marriott School dean and NAC executive director. Names are then forwarded to the NAC Membership Committee.
- The NAC Membership Committee discusses nominations and recommends a final list to the NAC Executive Committee for a discussion and vote.
- Once approved by the executive committee, each nominee will be contacted by a member of either the membership committee or executive committee for an informal, one-on-one discussion about membership. Through this discussion the nominee and NAC member will determine if the NAC is a good fit for the nominee.
- Once nominees are individually vetted by a member of the executive committee or membership committee, a formal letter is sent from the Marriott School dean, NAC chair, and NAC executive director inviting the individual and his or her spouse (as applicable) to join the NAC.
- New members will be invited to participate in a new member orientation meeting.
NAC Member Responsibilities
- Accept appointment to a five-year (renewable) term on the NAC.
- Provide financial support. The annual contribution for NAC members is a minimum of $7,500. In addition to the annual contribution, there will be other opportunities to support specific funding initiatives such as the Marriott School Fund, Premium Student Services, and the L. Tom Perry Leadership Scholarship Fund.
Attend NAC meetings. Generally held twice per year, scheduled meetings include:
- Spring retreat or trip usually held in May
- Fall Conference held in September.
- Attract, develop, and place. Assist the Marriott School by helping attract top students, developing their professional skills, and placing them with employers.
NAC Terms of Service
Membership terms are five years. At the completion of a five-year term, NAC membership may be renewed based on the interests and ability of the individual or couple to fulfill NAC expectations. There is no limit on the number of terms an individual or couple may serve.
NAC Emeritus Status
Emeritus membership may be granted to NAC members who have completed several terms of service and made significant financial and other contributions to the Marriott School. This is a prestigious designation that recognizes a long-standing commitment to the school and its students.
Emeritus members of the NAC are invited, but not expected, to attend NAC fall conferences. They are welcome to participate on NAC trips and retreats as space is available, after current members have been given the opportunity to register. Emeritus members will continue to receive the NAC news and other correspondence about school achievements and events. Emeritus members are asked to continue making annual financial contributions to the school at a lower level than current members. The suggested annual contribution for emeritus members is $1,000.
NAC Committees/Meetings Involvement
Current committees of the NAC include the Executive Committee, CIS Committee, Emeritus Committee, L. Tom Perry Scholarship Project, Membership Committee, and Women’s Committee. Others may be established as needed.
The entire NAC meets annually at the fall conference. This general meeting includes a stewardship report by the dean; faculty, student, and NAC presentations; student/NAC interactive activities; and the International Executive of the Year banquet. The NAC Executive Committee will meet one or two additional times during the year to help establish policies and direction for the Marriott School. NAC committees will meet during the year as needed and at the annual meeting. Individual members will also be invited to campus to assist in lecture series, meet with students, and otherwise participate in Marriott School activities.