The Marriott School BS Finance program consists of sixty-four credit hours in addition to general university core classes. Special emphasis in the program is given to critical thinking and problem solving and includes instruction in data procurement and analysis, firm and project valuation, fundamental analysis, risk hedging, and portfolio management and optimization.
After completing pre-management courses and gaining acceptance into the program, students must complete the finance junior core. During senior year, students have the opportunity to take electives that focus on one of six tracks in the program.
In addition to active engagement in classes, students are expected to participate in the Finance Society, complete an internship, and be proactive in their networking efforts. By fully immersing themselves in the finance program, students will find that they have the optimal Marriott School experience.
BS Finance Program Expectations
- Complete any required supplemental training prior to entry into the major, including the accounting and statistics boot camps
- Attend orientation upon entering the major
- Join and actively participate in the Finance Society
- Consider attending one or more placement trips during the fall semester
- Secure a meaningful internship during the summer between junior and senior year
- Attend the senior send-off
- Schedule and attend an exit interview
- Report internship and placement data to the finance program office
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute to the learning environment of the program