Next Event Date and Time
Thursday, 22 February 2018
10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Assembly Hall, Hinckley Alumni Center, Brigham Young University
Utah Startup Marketplace (USM) is a singular opportunity for BYU’s talented students to connect with Utah startup companies in a unique and targeted career fair.
What is Utah Startup Marketplace?
At USM local startups are able to tap the talent of BYU’s students for internships and jobs.
USM is targeted toward students from the following disciplines: entrepreneurship, business management, strategy, finance, accounting, marketing, advertising, public relations, information systems, computer science, engineering, information technology, industrial design, and graphic design.
Expectations (we expect participating companies to offer at least one of the following opportunities):
- Internship (Paid or Unpaid)
- Job (Full- or Part-Time)
Benefits of Participation
- Gain exposure and access to hundreds of first-class students
- Opportunity to network with other Utah startups
- Chance to partner with BYU in acquiring future student talent
Utah has a dynamic and thriving community of startups. These companies represent the future business success of Utah and beyond. While many Fortune 500 companies recruit regularly at BYU, most local startups do not get this opportunity. USM bridges that gap. USM has four main purposes:
- Build awareness and excitement about Utah’s dynamic and thriving community of startups
- Give BYU students exclusive access to Utah’s renowned entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Provide career opportunities for BYU students at Utah startup companies
- Educate Utah startup companies about the talent-sourcing opportunities at BYU
If you are a young startup and cost is an issue, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Single Booth—$100 (up to two free attendees, maximum of four attendees*)
This registration package includes one booth space (8’x6′), a 6′ table and blue tablecloth, electricity access, wireless internet, and a continental breakfast and lunch.
- Double Booth—$200 (up to four free attendees, maximum of eight attendees*)
This registration package allows for a double space (16’x6′), a 6′ table and blue tablecloth, electricity access, wireless internet, and a continental breakfast and lunch. This package is recommended if your company has a large display that is planning on setting up that requires extra space.
*Additional attendees are $25 each.
The deadline to register for the fair is Wednesday, 21 February. However, it is strongly recommended to register early because space is limited.
Associate Director of Operations
BYU Rollins Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology