Next Event Date and Time
Thursday, 21 February 2019
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Garden Court, Wilkinson Student Center, Brigham Young University
Register now on Eventbrite at byustartupcareerfair2019.eventbrite.com. The deadline to register for the fair is noon on Wednesday, 20 February. However, it is strongly recommended to register early because space is limited.
Utah Startup Marketplace (USM) is a singular opportunity for BYU’s talented students to connect with Utah startup companies in a unique and targeted career fair.
At USM local startups are able to tap the talent of BYU’s students for internships and jobs. USM is different from other career fairs. Students are excited to attend as they know they will be engaging with fast-growing and dynamic companies whose opportunities will provide them meaningful ways to broaden their skillset and directly impact the businesses bottom line.
USM is open to all students but targeted toward students from the following majors/disciplines:
We expect participating companies to offer at least one of the following opportunities:
- Internship (Paid or Unpaid)
- Job (Full- or Part-Time)
Benefits of Participation
- Gain exposure and access to hundreds of first-class students
- Opportunity to network with other Utah startups
- Chance to partner with BYU in acquiring future student talent
We know cash is critical for startups and most can’t afford to attend BYU’s Career and STEM fairs so we keep the cost of our fair as low as possible. We are not trying to make money, we just want to cover our costs and help support Utah’s amazing entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Recruiting Booth – $150 (if cost is an issue, please contact us)
Price includes two attendees*, a 6′ table and blue tablecloth, a booth space approximately 8’x5′, electricity access, wireless internet, and a continental breakfast and lunch.
*Additional attendees are $25 (maximum of four attendees)
Utah has a dynamic and thriving community of startups. These companies represent the future business success of Utah and beyond. While many Fortune 500 companies recruit regularly at BYU, most local startups do not get this opportunity. USM bridges that gap. USM has four main purposes:
- Build awareness and excitement about Utah’s dynamic and thriving startup community
- Give BYU students exclusive access to Utah’s renowned entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Provide career opportunities for BYU students at Utah startup companies
- Educate Utah startup companies about the talent-sourcing opportunities at BYU
Events & Program Manager
BYU Rollins Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology