Public Service and Ethics, Romney Institute of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Rex L. Facer II (Ph.D. The University of Georgia) is Associate Professor of Public Management in the Romney Institute of Public Service and Ethics at Brigham Young University’s Marriott School where he teaches in the Master of Public Administration program. Facer currently serves on the National Council of the American Society for Public Administration. President Obama appointed Facer to the Federal Salary Council in 2010. Facer previously served on NASPAA’s Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation, including a term as chair. The commission is the accrediting body for master’s degree programs in public administration.
Professor Facer regularly lectures and consults nationally and internationally on human resource management and local public finance issues. His published research has appeared in leading peer-reviewed journals. His current research focuses primarily on public sector compensation practices and alternative work schedules.
- "Getting It Right: How and Why We Should Compare Federal and Private Sector Compensation", Public Administration Review, Edition 6, Volume 72, Issue 6, Pages 784-785, American Society for Public Administration, Washington DC, 2012.
- "Compressed workweeks: Strategies for successful implementation", Public Personnel Management, Edition 3, Volume 41, Issue 3, Pages 389-405, International Public Management Association for Human Resources, Alexandria, Virginia, Elizabeth Kirkland, 2012.
- "Alternative Work Schedules in Local Government: Cui Bono?", Review of Public Personnel Administration, Edition 3, Volume 30, Issue 3, Pages 322-340, 2010.
- "Four day workweeks: Current Research and Practice", Connecticut Law Review, Edition 4, Volume 42, Issue 4, Pages 1031-1046, 2010.
- "Cities leading the way: The use of alternative work schedules", Municipal Year Book 2009, Pages 28-33, International City-County Management Association, Washington DC, 2009.
- "Alternative Work Schedules and Work-Family Balance: A Research Note", Review of Public Personnel Administration, Edition 2, Volume 28, Issue 2, Pages 166-177, Sage, 2008.
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee Committee/Council Member August, 2016
- American Society for Public Administration Board Member March, 2018
- Astana Civil Service Hub -- United Nations Development Programme Officer (specify in Other) May, 2013
- United States Federal Salary Council Committee/Council Member October, 2010 - January, 2018
- COPRA, NASPAA's Commission on Peer Review and Accreditation Committee/Council Chair August, 2011 - August, 2012