Adjunct Professor and Research Affiliate,
Management, Department of
Management, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
- Ph.D., Management and Organizations, Northwestern University, 0
- "The blind leading: Power reduces awareness of constraints", Journal of Experimental Social Psychology.
- "Beyond instrumentalism: A relational approach to negotiation", Negotiation Journal, Edition 13(1), Volume January, Issue 13(1), Pages 31-46, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA, Michael Wheeler, Harvard, 2015.
- "From what might have been to what must have been: Counterfactual thinking creates meaning", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Volume 98, Pages 106-118, 2010.
- "The Smell of Virtue: Clean Scents Promote Reciprocity and Charity", Psychological Science, Volume 21, 2010.
- "Moral self regulation: Licensing and compensation.", In: Psychological Perspectives on Ethical Behavior and Decision Making, Pages 75-89, Ed. De Cremer, D., 2009.
- "Fishing for Compliments and Complaints: The Influence of Solicited Customer Feedback and Company Acknowledgement on Customer Attitudes and Intentions", MSI Reports, Volume 2009, Pages 51-75, Marketing Science Institute, Cambridge, MA, 2009.
- "Harnessing the power of positive feedback.", Insights from MSI., Volume 1, Pages 3-4, Marketing Science Institute., Cambridge, MA, 2009.
- "Is the pain worth the gain? The advantages and liabilities of agreeing with socially distinct newcomers", Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 2009.
- "Power Reduces the Press of the Situation: Implications for Creativity, Conformity, and Dissonance", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Volume 95, Pages 1450-1466, 2008.
- "Turn your adversary into your advocate", Negotiation, Volume 10, Pages 4-6, Harvard Law School, 2007.
- "How to defuse threats at the bargaining table", Negotiation, Volume 9, Pages 1-3, 2006.
- "Washing away your sins: Threatened morality and physical cleansing", Science, Volume 313, Pages 1451-1452, 2006.
- "Finding meaning in mutability: Making sense and deriving significance through counterfactual thinking", In: The Psychology of Counterfactual Thinking,, Eds. D. R. Mandel, D. J Hilton, & P. Catellani, 2005.
- "Exploring the rabbit hole of possibilities by myself or with my group: The benefits and liabilities of activating counterfactual mind-sets for information sharing and group coordination", Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, Volume 17, Pages 263-279, 2004.
- "Putting on the pressure: How to use threats in negotiations", Negotiation, Edition 12, Issue 12, Pages 1-5, 2004.
- Best Paper Finalist , Academy of Management, Managerial and Organizational Cognition , 2012
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year , Marriott School MBA, OBSA , 2012
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year , Marriott School MBA OBSA , 2010
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year , Marriott School MBA OBSA , 2008