Information Systems, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Greg has over 30 years of industry experience and was Chair of Computer Science at Weber State University for almost 9 years. He is a co-author of Connecting with Computer Science (2nd edition) and Looking at CA-Visual Objects. He also has been a contributing editor of several magazines. He has also spoken at top Information Systems conferences ICIS and HICSS.
- PhD, Technology Management, Indiana State University, 2010
- Master's Level Certificate, Information Assurance, University of Maryland University College, 2005
- Masters, MBA with IS emphasis, Univ. of Colorado, 2002
- BA, Computer Science with IS Minor, Weber State University, 1989
- ACM 2012
- AIS 2012
- AITP - AITP is the leading worldwide society of professionals in information technology 2013 - 2017
- "Updating the Information Systems Curriculum: The ACM / AIS IS2020 Joint Project", ACM SIGMIS Computers and People Research.
- "ACM / AIS IS2020 Task Force: Updating the Model Curriculum", ICIS 2019 SIGED, 2019.
- "Optimizing Software Team Performance with Cultural Differences", Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Pages 10, HICSS Conference, Hawaii, 2019.
- "Student Retention in Information Systems Majors: The Role of Creative Self-Efficacy", ICIS 2019 SIGED, 2019.
- "IS2020: Updating the IS Model Curriculum", EDSIGCON 2019, 2019.
- "ACM / AIS IS2020 Taskforce: Updating the Model Curriculum", AMCIS 2019, 2019.
- "Increase Team Cohesion by Playing Cooperative Video Games", CrossTalk, Volume 28, Issue Jan/Feb 2015, Pages 5, U.S. Department of Defense, HAFB Layton, UT, 2015.
- "Connecting with Computer Science. 2nd Edition", Issue 2, Cengage, 2010.
- "RoboHelp to the Software Development Rescue", Access VB SQL Advisor, 2003.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Teaching Professor, Brigham Young University 2012
- Associate Professor, Weber State University 2008 - 2012
- Chair of Computer Science, Weber State University 2003 - 2012
- Assistant Professor, Weber State University 2001 - 2008
- Adjunct Faculty, Weber State University 1989 - 1992
- Senior Project Manager, APPtitude Seminars 1992 - 1995
- Software Engineer, Alta Health Strategies 1989 - 1992
- Software Engineer, Medical Software Systems 1987 - 1989
- Software Engineer, Davis County School District 1985 - 1987
- 2019 Owen Cherrington Service Award, BYU Marriott School of Business Information Systems Department, 2019
- Marriott School Teaching Excellence Award, Marriott School, 2018
- Bateman Student Choice Award 2017, BYU Marriott School, 2017
- LeAnn Albrecht Fellow, 2017
- Bateman Student Choice Award 2014, BYU Marriott School, 2014
- Distinguished Service Award, Weber State University, 2012
- Department MSM Website Committee Committee/Council Member September, 2016
- NAC Information Systems Department Rep Committee/Council Member October, 2013
- IS Core Committee/Council Member June, 2018 - August, 2019
- College Inclusion Committee Member Committee/Council Member September, 2017 - August, 2019
- IS Department Fall Core Coordinator Committee/Council Chair July, 2017 - August, 2019
- Rank and Status Committee/Council Member September, 2017 - May, 2019
- IS Newsletter Committee/Council Chair October, 2013 - December, 2018
- AITP National Collegiate Conference Committee/Council Chair April, 2013 - August, 2017
- ASQ - American Society for Quality (Software Quality Professional Journal) Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer October, 2016
- CrossTalk Journal of Defense Software Engineering Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer August, 2011
- ICIS 2013 Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer October, 2013 - October, 2013
- Summerhays Music — Database Administration, Application Development, Web Development July, 2006
- Hutchison & Steffen — Database Expert Witness December, 2014 - April, 2015
- Wind River Oil — Software Design and Engineering January, 2014 - October, 2014
- Woods Jewelry — Application Development 2006 - 2012
- Kroeger — Application Development 1995 - 2003
- Intermountain Healthcare — Application Development, Training 1995 - 2001
- Consumers Energy — Application Development 1995 - 1996
- Evans and Sutherland — Database Designer 1987 - 1987