Management, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Professor Morris teaches and conducts research on people, strategy, and the global economy. In addition to his full-time position at the Marriott School, he is a Research Fellow at Cambridge University and has been on the faculty at MIT’s Sloan School of Management, Samsung’s SKK Graduate School of Business and The Ohio State University. He has co-authored five books and regularly publishes in journals such as Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review and Human Resource Management. Prior to becoming an academic, he worked for the World Bank, for Management Systems International, and for Alcoa.
- B.S., Psychology, Brigham Young University, 0
- MOB/MBA, Organizational Behavior, Brigham Young University, 0
- M.A., International Development, Brigham Young University, David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies, 0
- Ph.D., Management, Cornell University, 0
- "Reading the Stars: Determining Human Capital’s Value in the Competitive Hiring Process", Human Resource Management, Volume 57, 2018.
- "Firm-Specific Human Capital Investments as a Signal of General Value: Revisiting Assumptions about Human Capital and How it is Managed", Strategic Management Journal, Volume 38, 2017.
- "An architectural framework for global talent management", Volume 47, Journal of International Business Studies, 2016.
- "Changing routine: reframing performance management within a multinational", Volume 52, Journal of Management Studies, 2015.
- "The importance of client heterogeneity in predicting make-or-buy decisions", Volume 33, Journal of Operations Management, 2015.
- "Going the distance: The pros and cons of expanding employees’ global knowledge reach", Edition 5, Volume 46, Issue 5, Journal of International Business Studies, 2015.
- "Adaptations to Knowledge Templates in Base-of-the-Pyramid Markets: The Role of Social Interaction", Volume 8, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 2014.
- "A Microfoundations Approach to Transnational Capabilities: The Role of Knowledge Search in an Ever-Changing World", Journal of International Business Studies, 2014.
- "Scarce Human Capital in Managerial Labor Markets", Volume 40, Journal of Management, 2014.
- "Catching falling stars: A human resource response to social capital’s detrimental effect of information overload for star employees", Academy of Management Review, Volume 37, 2012.
- "Six Principles of Effective Global Talent Management", MIT Sloan Management Review, Volume 53, 2012.
- "Intellectual Capital Configurations and Organizational Capability: An Empirical Examination of Human Resource Subunits in the Multinational Enterprise", Journal of International Business Studies, Volume 42, 2011.
- "Context-bound configurations of corporate HR functions in multinational corporations around the globe", Human Resource Management, Volume 49, 2010.
- "Dynamic HR: Global Applications from IBM", Human Resource Management, Volume 48, 2009.
- "Global Challenges to Replicating HR: The Role of People, Processes, and Systems", Human Resource Management, Volume 48, 2009.
- "To Boost Knowledge Transfer, Tell Me a Story", Harvard Business Review, Volume 87, 2009.
- "Relational archetypes, organizational learning, and value creation: Extending the human resource architecture", Volume 32, Academy of Management Review, 2007.