To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Ben W. Lewis is an Associate Professor of Strategy in the Department of Management at the Brigham Young University Marriott School of Business. He currently teaches the Strategy and Economics course to graduate students and a data analytics course to undergraduates.
Ben’s research explores how firms strategically manage their reputation, particularly within the domains of corporate social and environmental responsibility. Recently, he has focused his efforts on understanding how corporations respond to ratings and rankings. His work has been published in leading management journals including Administrative Science Quarterly and the Strategic Management Journal. In 2017, he received the William H. Newman Award, a prestigious recognition from the Academy of Management for solo-authored work based on a dissertation. In 2020, he received the Emerging Scholar Award from the Organizations and the Natural Environment division of the Academy of Management.
Ben received his PhD in Management from the Johnson College of Business at Cornell University in 2013, and a MAcc and BS in Accounting and Economics from Brigham Young University in 2008. Prior to pursuing his doctoral studies, he was involved in international development work in Kenya and Mozambique. Many of his research interests have been shaped by these experiences and drive his efforts to understand how business can be used as a force for good in society.
- PhD, Management, Cornell University, 2013
- BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2008
- BS, Economics, Brigham Young University, 2008
- MAcc, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2008
- Best Published Article Award in 2018, International Association for Business & Society, 2018
- William H. Newman Award for Best Paper Based on a Dissertation, Academy of Management, 2017
- Outstanding Paper Award, Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability, 2016
- Emerging Scholar Award, Organizations and the Natural Environment division of the Academy of Management, 2020
Certificates and Licenses
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) — Colorado — 2010