Accountancy, School of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Josh Lee is an associate professor of accounting in the Marriott School of Management at BYU. Prior to joining BYU, he was a tenured associate professor of accounting at the University of Georgia and also previously worked as an assistant professor of accounting at Florida State University. His research interests are centered around capital markets and voluntary disclosure with an emphasis on textual analysis and machine learning. His research has been accepted for publication at the Journal of Accounting & Economics, The Accounting Review, Journal of Financial Economics, and Review of Accounting Studies. His research has been cited or featured in Bloomberg, CFO.com, and IR Magazine. He completed his doctoral studies at the Olin Business School at Washington University in St. Louis. He earned his undergraduate and master's degrees in accounting at BYU.
- PhD, Accounting, Washington University in St. Louis, 2014
- BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2009
- MAcc, , Brigham Young University, 2009
- "Manager Sentiment and Stock Returns", Journal of Financial Economics, Volume 132 (1), Pages 126-149, 2018.
- "Proprietary Costs and Sealing Documents in Patent Litigation", Review of Accounting Studies, Volume 23 (2), Pages 452-486, 2018.
- "The Effect of Industry Co-location on Analysts’ Information Acquisition Costs", The Accounting Review, Volume 92 (6), Pages 103-127, 2017.
- "Can Investors Detect Managers’ Lack of Spontaneity? Adherence to Pre-determined Scripts during Earnings Conference Calls", The Accounting Review, Volume 91 (1), Pages 229-250, 2016.
- "Using Unstructured and Qualitative Disclosures to Explain Accruals", Journal of Accounting and Economics, Volume 62 (2-3), Pages 209-227, 2016.
- "Issues Raised by Studying DeFond and Zhang: What Should Audit Researchers Do?", Journal of Accounting and Economics, Volume 58 (2-3), Pages 327-338, 2014.
- Associate Professor of Accounting (with tenure), University of Georgia 2016 - 2019
- Assistant Professor of Accounting, Florida State University 2014 - 2016