Marketing & Global Supply Chain, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Gary K. Rhoads holds a PhD in Marketing from Texas Tech University and is currently the Stephen Mack Covey Professor of Marketing and Entrepreneurship at Brigham Young University. He presently works with start-up companies on crafting sales and marketing strategies that accelerate company growth. He has published articles in the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management. Rhoads is the co-author of two entrepreneurship books: Stop Think & Lead: Dealing with Critical Situations (2016 )and Startup Marketing for Innovators (2012) that highlight the best leadership and marketing practices of successful entrepreneurs.
- PHD, MARKETING, TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY, 1988
- MBA, BUSINESS, IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY, 1982
- BS, ZOOLOGY, IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY, 1978
- Entrepreneurship - Primary 2002 - 2018
- MBA - Tertiary 1998 - 2018
- "Startup Marketing: Making Consumer Insights Actionable", National Business and Economics Society, 2015.
- "Entrepreneurial Marketing: A Framework for Creating Opportunity with Competitive Angles", Journal of Applied Business and Economics, Edition 1, Volume 13, Issue 1, Pages 47-52, North American Business Press, West Palm Beach, Florida, 2012.
- "Net Promoter: Supporting Evidence, Caveats, and Best Practices", Marketing Research, American Marketing Association, Chicago, IL, 2011.
- "Boom Start: Principles of Entrepreneurial Marketing", Edition 2nd, Issue 2nd, Kendall Hunt, 2010.
- "Organizational Spirituality and Community: The ABCs of an Inspiring Workplace", International Journal of Public Administration, Volume 31, Pages 420-438, 2008.
- "Antecedents and Consequences of Burnout in Accounting: Beyond the Role Stress Model", Behavioral Research in Accounting, Volume 12, Pages 31-66, 2000.
- "Do Organizational Practices Matter in Role Stress Processes?: A Study of Direct and Moderating Effects for Marketing Oriented Boundary Spanners", Journal of Marketing, Volume 60, Pages 69-85, 1996.
- "Behavioral and Psychological Consequences of Boundary Spanning Burnout for Customer Service Representatives", Journal of Marketing Research, 1994.
- "The Multiple Dimensions of Role Ambiguity and Their Impact Upon Psychological and Behavioral Outcomes of Industrial Salespeople", Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 1994.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Professor, Brigham Young University 1998
- Associate Professor, Brigham Young University 1992 - 1997
- Assistant Professor, University of Kentucky 1986 - 1989
- Awarded the International Stevie Gold Award for Best Sales Training Practice of the Year , International Stevie Award , 2011
- Marriott School Citizenship Award , Marriott School , 2009
- Top Entrepreneurs --V100 , VSpring Capital's top 100 venture entrepreneurs , 2007
- Stephen Mack Covey Professor of Marketing , Entrepreneurship , 2001
- Marriott School Research Excellence Award , Brigham Young University , 2000
- Marriott School Teaching Excellence Award , Brigham Young University , 1998
- Best Article Award , Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management , 1994
- Teaching Award , Brigham Young University , 1994
- Teacher of the Year , Idaho State University , 1991
- Deans Excellence in Teaching , Texas Tech University , 1986
- Associate Director — Entrepreneurship: The Entrepreneurship Center is now ranked 4th in the United States. I served as the faculty advisor of the CEO club--undergraduate club in entrepreneurship. 2008 - 2009
- Director — Director of Entrepreneurship Center: This position will be very demanding in 2007 until we find a new Managing Director 2001 - 2008
- University Rank and Status Committee Committee/Council Member December, 2016
- College Rank and Status Committee Committee/Council Member January, 2009 - October, 2016
- MBA Entrepreneurship Club Faculty Advisor Student Org Advisor December, 2012 - August, 2016
- Director of the Entrepreneurship Center Program Chair/Coordinator January, 2006 - January, 2008
- Department Tenure and Promotion Chair Committee/Council Chair January, 2004 - January, 2008
- MBA Curriculum Committe Committee/Council Member January, 2006 - January, 2006
- Associate Director of Entrepreneurship Center Program Chair/Coordinator January, 2002 - January, 2006
- Marriott School Diversity Committee Committee/Council Member January, 2004 - January, 2004
- Marketing & Supply Chain Track Head Section Head January, 1999 - January, 2004
- City Of Orem Strategic Planning Committee Committee/Council Member August, 2011 - May, 2012
- CEDO Board Memeber Officer January, 2001 - January, 2011
- Entrepreneurial Marketing Board Member for American Marketing Association Committee/Council Member January, 2006 - January, 2008
- Allegiance — Management Consulting: I consult with Allegiance on new-product development and solving problems with their key clients in the areas of predictive analytics and customer and employee engagement. January, 2001 - December, 2014