Management, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Paul C. Godfrey currently serves as the William and Roceil Low Professor of Business Strategy in the Marriott School of Management at Brigham Young University. His groundbreaking research has enhanced understanding of the economic benefits to businesses that engage in corporate social responsibility activities. His research has appeared in top academic journals, including the Academy of Management Review, the Strategic Management Journal, and the Journal of Business Ethics. He is the author of More than Money: the five types of capital that create wealth and eliminate poverty, published by Stanford University Press.
- PHD, Strategic Management, University of Washington, 1994
- MBA, Management, Marketing, University of Washington, 1989
- Bachelor of Science, Political Science, University of Utah, 1983
- "Management, Society, and the Informal Economy", Pages 208, Routledge, 2015.
- "Strategic Management: Concepts and Tools for Creating Real World Strategy", John Wiley & Sons, 2015.
- "The Functions of the Executive at 75: reflections on a management classic", Journal of Management Inquiry, Edition 4, Volume 23, Issue 4, Pages 360-372, Sage, Thousand Oaks, CA, 2014.
- "Africa, the Informal Economy, and the Hermeneutic Circle", Research Methodology in Strategy and Management (RMSM): Volume 9: Advancing Strategic Management in the African Context: Techniques, Methods, and Designs for Research Methodology in Strategy and Management, Volume 10, Pages 133-166, Emerald, Boston, Amsterdam, 2014.
- "More than Money: the five types of capital that create wealth and eliminate poverty", Stanford University Press, Palo Alto, CA, 2013.
- "Strange Bedfellows: Homo Economicus and Positive Organization Scholarship", The Oxford Handbook of Positive Organizational Scholarship, Pages 979-988, Oxford University Press, 2012.
- "“He’s a real dude:” Tributes to Tom Jones", Business and Society, Edition 2, Volume 51, Issue 2, Pages 310-334, Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA, 2012.
- "The Relationship Between Corporate Social Responsibility and Shareholder Value: An Empirical Test of the Risk Management Hypothesis", Strategic Management Journal, Volume 30, Pages 425-445, Wiley Interscience, 2009.
- "Corporate Social Responsibility and Sport: A critical introduction.", Journal of Sport Management, Volume 23, Pages 698-716, 2009.
- "Researching Corporate Social Responsibility: An Agenda for the 21st Century", Journal of Business Ethics, Volume 70, 2007.
- "A reply to Bright: Virtuousness and the virtues of the market.", Academy of management review, Volume 31, Pages 754-757, Academy of Management, 2006.
- "The relationship between corporate philanthropy and sharehdolder wealth: A risk management perspective", Academy of Management Review, Volume 29, 2005.
- Marriott School Teaching Award, Marriott School of Management, 2013
- CFS Review Committee Committee/Council Chair December, 2017
- Strategy Group Leader Section Head August, 2011
- Ballard Center for Economic Self-Reliance Other June, 2005
- Executive MBA Faculty Advisor Other July, 2017 - July, 2019
- Executive MBA Operating Committee Committee/Council Chair September, 2016 - September, 2017
- Academy of Management Editorial Review Board Member July, 2017
- Habitat for Humanity of Utah County — March, 2013 - December, 2014
- Dine, Inc. — September, 2006 - December, 2012
- Commercial Block Systems — January, 2002 - December, 2002
- Steiner Corporation — November, 1999 - December, 2000