Assistant Professor of Organizational Leadership and Strategy,Download Vita
Management, Department of
Management, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
- Ph.D., Strategic Management, Texas A&M University, 1996
- BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 1990
- MAcc, Management Accounting, Brigham Young University, 1990
- MBA, Finance, Brigham Young University, 1990
- Academy of Management 1993
- Strategic Management Society 1993
- "The CEO Effect: Do CEO's Have a Measurable Effect and Are They Compensated for that Effect?", Strategic Management Journal.
- "Trustworthiness, Governance, and Wealth Creation", Journal of Business Ethics, Edition 2, Volume 97, Issue 2, Pages 173-188, 2010.
- "Competitive Advantage in Alliance Governance: Resolving the Opportunism Minimization-Gain Maximization Paradox", Managerial Decision Economics, Volume 29, Pages 191-208, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2008.
- "A Bayesian Application of the Resource Based View: Narrowing the Gap Between Theory and Practice.", Restructuring Strategy: New Networks and Industry Challenges, Pages 28, Blackwell Publishing, Malden, MA, Cool, K.O., Henderson, J.E., Abate, R, 2005.
- "Diversification and Focus: A Bayesian Application of the Resource-Based View", Schmalenbach Business Review, Volume 57, Pages 304-319, Handelsblatt GmbH, Dusseldorf, Germany, 2005.
- "A Bayesian Operationalization of the Resource-Based View", Strategic Management Journal, Volume 25, Pages 1279-1295, Wiley Interscience, New York City, 2004.
- "The Cognitive and Affective Antecedents of General Trust within Cooperative Organizations", Journal of Managerial Issues, Volume 16, Pages 48-64, 2004.
- "Trust and the Decision to Outsource", International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, Volume 6, 2003.
- "The Impact of Trust on Cooperative Membership Retention, Performance, and Satisfaction: An Exploratory Study", International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, Volume 5, Pages 41-59, 2002.
- Strategic Alliance Formation and Market Evaluation:Effects of Parent Firms Governance Structure, in Managing Strategically in an Interconnected World, Pages 19, John Wiley& Sons, Chichester, England, Michael A. Hitt, Joan E. Ricart I Costa, and Robert D. Nixon, 1998.
- "Trustworthiness as a Source of Competitive Advantage", Strategic Management Journal, 1994.
- Financial Analyst, Ford Motor Company 1990 - 1992
- Arthur Andersen 1988 - 1988
- Outstanding Review Award, Academy of Management-Business Policy and Strategy Division, 2003
- Best Conference Paper Award, Strategic Management Society, 2002
- Research Grant, Conn Foundation, 1996
- Associate Department Chair August, 2017
- Department Honors Program Coordinator Program Chair/Coordinator August, 2017
- Undergraduate Strategy Program Other September, 2012
- MBA Curriculum Committee Committee/Council Member 2009
- Journal of Trust Research Editorial Review Board Member 2008
- International Food and Agribusiness Management Rev Editor, Associate Editor 2009 - August, 2017
- International Food and Agribusiness Management Association Officer 2004 - 2009