Assistant Professor,Download Vita
Information Systems, Department of
Information Systems, Department of
Office: 785 TNRB
I have moved 31 times and am so glad to finally be home (for good). I am married to Nicole Knight (from Orem) and we have four beautiful daughters. I do gymnastics, statistics, and develop video games for fun.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Information Systems, Case Western Reserve University, 2012
- Masters of Information Systems Management, Information Systems, Brigham Young University, 2008
- Bachelor of Science, Information Systems, Brigham Young University, 2008
- "Application of Expectancy Violations Theory to Communication with and Judgments about Embodied Agents during a Decision-Making Task", International Journal of Human Computer Studies.
- "Coordinating Interdependencies in Online Communities: A Study of an Open Source Software Project", Information Systems Research.
- "Early versus Late Adoption of Radical Information Technology Innovations across Software Development Organizations", Information Systems Journal.
- "Leveraging Multimedia to Advance Science by Disseminating a Greater Variety of Scholarly Contributions in More Accessible Formats", Journal for the Association of Information Systems.
- "Leveraging Multimedia to Advance Science by Disseminating a Greater Variety of Scholarly Contributions in More Accessible Formats", Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Association for Information Systems.
- "Partial Least Squares (PLS) Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) for Building and Testing Behavioral Causal Theory: When to Choose It and How to Use It", IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, Edition 2, Volume 57, Issue 2.
- "Proposing the hedonic-motivation system adoption model (HMSAM) to increase understanding of adoption of hedonically motivated systems", Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS).
- "The Effects of Social Networking Site (SNS) Use on Chinese College Students’ Friendships and Well-Being", Computers in Human Behavior.
- "Time-Chunking and Hyper-Refocusing in a Digitally-Enabled Workplace: Six Forms of Knowledge Workers", Frontiers in Psychology, Edition 1627, Volume 7, Issue 1627, 2016.
- "Toward a Generalizable Sociomaterial Inquiry: A Computational Approach for Zooming In and Out of Sociomaterial Routines", MIS Quarterly, 2014.
- "Constructive System Use", ICIS, 2013.
- "Evaluating journal quality and the Association for Information Systems (AIS) Senior Scholars’ journal basket via bibliometric measures: Do expert journal assessments add value?", MIS Quarterly, Volume 37:4, Pages 993-1012, 2013.
- "Digital Technology and the Variation in Design Routines: A Sequence Analysis of Four Design Processes", International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2012.
- "Evolution of Digitally-Enabled Design Processes: The Case of a Large Design and Construction Firm", Academy of Management OCIS, 2011.
- "Video Game Design in the MBA Curriculum: An Experiential Learning Approach for Teaching Design Thinking", Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 2011.
- "Bypassing Trust in Online Purchase Decisions by Establishing Common Ground", International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2010.
- "Design DNA Sequencing: A Set of Methodological Artifacts for Sequencing Socio-technical Design Routines", International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), 2010.
- "Psychological Ownership and the Individual Appropriation of Technology", Hawaiian International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS), 2010.
- "Proposing the Hedonic Affect Model (HAM) to Explain how Stimuli and Performance Expectations Predict Affect in Individual and Group Hedonic Systems Use", Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS) ICIS Theory Development Workshop, 2008.
- NSF Grant ($400,000.00) , National Science Foundation , 2011
- NSF Grant ($250,000.00) , National Science Foundation , 2009
- Best Paper at ICIS 2011
- MISM PhD Prep Program Chair/Coordinator June, 2012
- Association for Information Systems Virtual Task Force Committee/Council Chair January, 2015
- Frontiers in Psychology Editor, Associate Editor January, 2015
- Founder of StatWiki in Other April, 2011
- Founder of Gaskination's YouTube Statistics in Other September, 2010