Brian HillDownload Vita
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
- PHD, Parks, Recreation, and Tourism Management, CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, 1994
- BS, Recreation Management & Youth Leadership, BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, 1986
- Mountain Rescue Association - Organization certifying Search and Rescue teams. 2009
- National Recreation and Parks Association - Umbrella organization for all recreation-related fields. 1986
- Resort and Commercial Recreation Association 2010 - 2011
- "Being Student and Practitioner Centered: Lessons Learned from Integrating a Recreation Management Department into a Business School.", Schole: A Journal of Leisure Studies and Recreation Education, Edition 2, Volume 31, Issue 2, Pages 11, Sagamore, 2016.
- "Influences on active family leisure and healthy lifestyle among adolescents.", Leisure Sciences, Edition 4, Volume 34, Issue 4, Pages 332-349, 2012.
- "The Value of a Master's Degree to Recreation Professionals", Schole: A Journal of Leisure Studies and Recreation Education, Edition 2, Volume 27, Issue 2, Pages unpaginated, Sagamore Publishing LLC, Champaign, IL, 2012.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Associate Professor, University of Nebraska 1989 - 1999
- Outstanding Professional-Academic , Utah Recreation and Parks Association , 2016
- Outstanding Citizenship , Marriott School of Management , 2014
- Outstanding Citizenship , College of Health and Human Performance , 2008
- Teaching and Learning with Technology Fellow , Brigham Young University , 2002
- Alma and Israel Heaton Professional of the Year , Department of Recreation Management and Youth Leadership , 1998
- Honored Alumni , College of Health and Human Performance , 1998
- Phi Kappa Phi , Brigham Young University , 1998
- Navajo; Navaho
Certificates and Licenses
- Wilderness EMT Wilderness Medicine Institute 2008