Marketing & Global Supply Chain, Department of
Office: 678 TNRB
Scott is an Assistant Professor of Global Supply Chain Management who specializes in Logistics Management. He received his PhD in Logistics and Operations Management from the Eli Broad College of Business at Michigan State University. In addition to his PhD, Scott earned a Masters of Science in Logistics Management from the United States Air Force Institute of Technology, and a Bachelors of Arts in experimental psychology from The College of Idaho.
Prior to teaching at University, Scott was a Logistics Readiness Officer for the United States Air Force for twelve years. During his Air Force Career, Scott worked at base level and pentagon level assignments. He worked in warehousing and inventory management for much of his early USAF career and then began working in inventory information systems development. While working in software development, Scott was part of a source selection team for a $130M enterprise resource planning system. Scott then worked for the Air Force Logistics Management Agency, where he did information systems, logistics and inventory consulting for the Pentagon. Scott separated from active duty military service in 2008 at the rank of Major and after earning both AF Commendation Medals and the AF Meritorious Service Medal.
- PhD, Logistics, Michigan State University, 2011
- Decision Sciences Institute 2013
- council of supply chain management professionals 2008
- "Refereed teaching focused journal", Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Edition 1, Volume 12, Issue 1, wiley-blackwell, 111 River Street, Hoboken, NJ Vijay R. Kannan, 2014.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Assistant Professor, Brigham Young University 2011
- Department of Marketing and Supply Chain Management Outstanding Teacher , Department of Marketing and Global Supply Chain , 2015
- Outstanding Service , Department of Marketing and Global Supply Chain , 2014
- Outstanding Teaching Brief , Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education , 2014
- Teaching Innovations Award , Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals , 2012
- MBA Case Team Other January, 2012