Marketing & Global Supply Chain, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Mr. Drewes most recently worked at L-3 Communications (now L-3 Technologies) from 2001 – 2008. While working at L-3 Communications, Mr. Drewes served in the following positions:
• President of L-3 Integrated Systems Group from May 2001 to August 2008, and Chief Operating Officer until August 2008.
• President of L-3 Communications Crestview Aerospace Corporation until August 2008.
• Corporate Senior Vice President of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. from August 2006 to August 2008, and Vice President from March 2002 - August 2008.
• Senior Vice President of L-3 Communications Corporation until August 2008.
• Vice President of L-3 Communications Corporation, with profit and loss (P&L) responsibility for facilities in Greenville and Waco, Texas, as well as Lexington, Ky.
• President and Chief Operating Officer of L-3 Communications Integrated Systems L.P., a subsidiary of L-3 Communications Holdings Inc., from May 2001 to August 2008.
Mr. Drewes joined Raytheon Company in November 1997 after completing 33 years of distinguished service in the U.S. Air Force with the rank of Major General. He also led that business under Raytheon beginning in 2001. Prior to Integrated Systems, he served as Vice President of Productivity at Raytheon Company and served as a Champion for Raytheon Six Sigma deployment. He directed supply chain management, quality management, manufacturing activities, security, and flight operations at the corporate level and has oversight responsibilities for these disciplines throughout Raytheon Company.
He also has more than eight years of experience working on various assignments in the Pentagon and was a military assistant in the Executive Office of the President of the United States during the Reagan administration. He served as Commander of Defense Contract Management Command with 16,000 employees stationed worldwide. He retired from a 33-year career in the U.S. Air Force in 1997 with the rank of Major General.
During his military career, Mr. Drewes served at every level in the U.S. Air Force contracting function, including as director of that function worldwide. He received numerous awards for his leadership and management during this assignment, achieving many acquisition reform initiatives for the Department of Defense. Mr. Drewes served with distinction in positions of increasing responsibility, primarily in acquisition and logistics.
Mr. Drewes earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Colby College, Waterville, Maine, and was a distinguished graduate of the Air Force ROTC. He is a graduate of the Industrial College of the Armed Forces as well as a distinguished graduate of the Air Command and Staff College. In 1970, he earned a Master's degree from Harvard Business School. Mr. Drewes was a fellow of the National Defense University. His published works include a book, “Air Force and the Great Engine War.”
Mr. Drewes is currently a member of the BYU Wheatley Ethics Advisory Council and the BYUtv Broadcast Leadership Council.