Public Management, Romney Institute of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Chris Silvia is an Assistant Professor in the Romney Institute of Public Management at Brigham Young University where he teaches courses in quantitative analysis, collaboration, and public and nonprofit service delivery. He received a PhD in Public Affairs from the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University. He also holds a Master of Public Administration from Brigham Young University and A Master of Science in Public Health from the University of Utah. Dr. Silvia’s current research examines the leadership behaviors exhibited by leaders in intersectoral networks. In addition to focusing on leadership, his broader research agenda includes work in the areas collaboration and public and non-profit service delivery. His work has been published in various journals, including the Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, Public Administration Review, Public Administration, Public and Performance Management Review, and The Leadership Quarterly.
- Master of Public Administration, Public Management, Brigham Young University, 2004
- Master of Science in Public Health, Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics and Safety, University of Utah, 2000
- Bachelor of Science in Health Studies, Physical Therapy, Boston University, 1996
- International Research Society for Public Management 2017
- International Public Management Network 2014
- Academy of Management 2009
- American Society for Public Administration 2009
- Association of Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action 2013 - 2014
- "Evaluating Collaboration: The Solution to One Problem Often Causes Another", 2018.
- "Picking the Team: A Preliminary Experimental Study of the Activation of Collaborative Network Members", Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 2018.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Assistant Professor, University of Kansas 2010 - 2013
- Captain, Medical Service Corp, United States Air Force 2004 - 2006
- Graduate Fellow , Randall L. Tobias Center for Leadership Excellence , 2007
- Graduate Fellow , National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health , 1997
- Teaching Award for Outstanding Associate Instructor , School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Indiana University