Judging Criteria and Process
You must have a cover page complete with name, address, phone number, and contact person. Your opening paragraph
should contain a 50-75 word description defining and positioning your business.
The Business (15% Weight)
- Business's purpose. Explain what business you are in and why (i.e., what is the global reach of the business)
- Give a brief summary of your business's history and current status.
- State your business's overall strategy and objectives.
- If you are currently in operation, describe your impact in the international business community.
The Products or Services (10% Weight)
- Describe important features and user benefits - relate features of the products and/or services to market needs and to the competition.
- Describe specific products and/or services and projects planned, their status, release date, expected product life, and potential revenues.
- Articulate any regulatory or environmental issues, if any.
The Market and Marketing Strategy (25% Weight)
- Describe in detail what impact you will have on the international market. Who receives your services and Why?
- Market profile - size, anticipated growth, key changes. What issues, if any, show the need for your service?
- Unique capabilities - what makes you different?
- Market penetration - how are you going to reach the market, (i.e., your market strategy - channels of distribution, promotion, etc. and the cost of the marketing program)
International Impact (25% Weight)
- How does the venture work within and/or incorporate the foreign culture?
- Political barriers - are they one-time or on-going? How will they be handled in the venture?
- Cultural barriers - what barriers exist and how will the plan overcome those barriers?
Management (15% Weight)
- Very brief backgrounds of key individuals - why they can do this job, specific value they add to the business, their past successes and achievements.
- History of working together as a team.
- Identification of immediate personnel needs and anticipated initial organizational structure.
Financial Summary (10% Weight)
- Funding plan - how much you want to raise, both initially and subsequently. How you intend to do this.
- Best estimate on the Return on Investment (ROI) created from the investment.
- Describe funding needs at each stage of development.
- Simple projection of income and expenses over a three to five year period is required. State and briefly justify your financial assumptions.
- If you are an existing business, include a past financial history.