Most students apply after their sophomore year. GPA, resume, and an essay will be evaluated.
GPA: Both prerequisite and BYU coursework grades are considered. A minimum 3.0 prerequisite GPA is preferred.
Résumé: Content-rich résumés that are properly formatted and polished.
Essay: 100-600 words in response to the following prompt:
- We want to admit students who will be successful marketers. The key attributes of successful marketers include a passion for marketing, strong work ethic, and the ability and desire to learn. Given these attributes, market yourself by demonstrating evidence of these attributes from your life experiences such as prior work experience, internships, competitions, club participation, or coursework. Describe in detail one or two specific experiences.
Recorded Interview: Record a short response to an interview prompt.
For more detailed application criteria, please click here.
How to Become a Competitive Applicant
We hope to admit students who are passionate about marketing. Students can demonstrate this passion by engaging with the field of marketing in various ways. We recommend students consider taking the following steps to become more competitive applicants:
- Succeed academically. Perform well in prerequisite courses and BYU coursework in general.
- Participate in the Marketing Association
- Gain exposure to marketing. Examples include:
- Participation in a on-campus internship (MSB 494R)
- Procuring a summer internship
- Gaining part-time work experience
- Job shadowing
- Participate in a study abroad or international business program
- Develop professionally. Demonstrate leadership skills through your work experiences, involvement in student organizations or extracurricular activities