Preparing to Apply
The TRM major is a limited-enrollment program, so students are required to apply for admittance. In order to have a strong application, we recommend taking the following steps:
- Earn strong grades in the prerequisite courses.
- Take other recommended courses, including MCOM 320, IS 110, and IS 201.
- Join the Therapeutic Recreation Club.
- Complete an on-campus internship or relevant work experience.
- Correctly format and polish your résumé.
Most students apply after their sophomore year. The application consists of four parts:
- GPA: Prerequisite, overall BYU, and last 30-credit hour GPAs are all considered.
- Résumé: We value content-rich résumés that are properly formatted and polished.
- Essay: We look for a demonstration of passion in therapeutic recreation.
- Transcripts: Transcripts are examined for past academic performance.
The application is due on the last business day of June at 4:30 p.m. MT. All prerequisites must be completed in order to apply.
To begin the application process, click here.