What do you like to do: help people enjoy their jobs; build teams; negotiate solutions; make things better; and motivate people
Definition: HR helps organizations convert human capital into strategic, sustainable competitive advantages. HR will help you learn how to lead organizational change, utilize employee skills, provide training, and evaluate ways to increase employees’ satisfaction with their jobs and working conditions.
To view prerequisites and program requirements, click here.
You will learn:
- Team management
- How to influence and motivate
- Human resource practices
- Talent management
- Business operations
Other things to do:
- Join SHRM association
- Job shadow at a company
- Participate in a business study abroad program
- Complete an on-campus and/or a company internship
- Training manager
- Employee relations specialist
- Employee consultant
- Quality assurance specialist
- Operations manager
Sample of Potential Companies:
- Goldman Sachs
- Epic Systems Corp.
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints