Please follow the guidelines below on how to transfer to the BYU Marriott School of Business. Information on transfer credit is also below.
How to Transfer
Step 1: Apply to BYU
- Apply to Brigham Young University through the admissions office
- Send official transcripts from all previously attended institutions to BYU
- Check for general education transfer evaluation information
Step 2: Complete Prerequisite Courses
- In order to be competitive in the admission process, transfer students should complete at least one semester of BYU courses and take many if not all of the prerequisite courses
- For more information about prerequisite courses, click here
Step 3: Apply to BYU Marriott
- Acceptance into BYU Marriott programs is limited and competitive
- For more information on application criteria and admission rates, click here
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that transfer courses will satisfy BYU Marriott requirements. Previously evaluated transfer course equivalents for select colleges can be accessed here. Note: Not all schools are listed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
For business courses that have not been evaluated, transfer students may submit a request to have a course evaluated. Email a complete course syllabus, student name and BYU ID number to email@example.com. The evaluation process typically requires at least two weeks.
Transfer Course Policies
- Courses transferred from other institutions to fulfill prerequisites will be discounted three-tenths of a grade point for the application process (e.g. an A becomes an A-)
- No transfer credits will be applied to a core class with a limit of six credits beyond the core classes
- Transfer equivalencies for M COM 320, IS 201 and ACC 310 will not be considered