The Corporate Social Impact (CSI) course is an MBA and undergraduate on-campus internship program that provides a rich experience working on projects for top companies.
These companies, many of which are the best in the world at implementing CSI initiatives, include:
- Use your skill set in a hands-on approach to learning and develop vital skills in project management, teamwork, and communication
- Contribute to solving social issues and make an impact for people around the world
- Strengthen your résumé and get internship experience while earning three university credits
- Work directly with CEOs and directors of world-class organizations
Your Corporate Social Impact Project will be an on-campus internship where you and a team of three to four student volunteers are paired with a partner organization such as Apple or Microsoft to help them find solutions to the challenges of their cause.
Students are expected to:
- Contribute seven to nine hours of work per week.
- Meet five times for the three-credit class to learn valuable skills.
- Commit to giving a professional effort and delivering high-quality work.
Teams will work with their partner organization to innovate solutions for the world’s most pressing social problems such as poverty, health care, education, and economic development. The world needs your talents.
Each partner and project requires different skills; partners need interns with skills ranging from financial modeling to video editing, and everything in between. We encourage all MBA students to apply. Students who are accepted have a passion for solving social issues and can adhere to the time commitments for a project.
- Submit an application here (be prepared to upload a résumé).
- Register for MSB 491R Section 008.
- When projects become available close to the start of the semester, we will invite you to review them and indicate your preferences.
- Team assignments are made by Friday before the add/drop deadline.
NOTE: Some projects require none of the specified skills on the application, so don’t be intimidated or back out of applying. Applying should take five to fifteen minutes.
The simplest answer is: We don’t know.
Because we are working with real-world partner organizations and their actual work in the field, we won’t know the details of their needs until close to the beginning of the semester.
However, we do know that every semester we have close to thirty projects that require a diverse set of backgrounds and skills to accomplish them. When you register, you’ll be asked to identify your skills and interests. Later, when projects do come available, you’ll be able to choose your favorites and we will do our best to pair you with one of your top three.
Still unsure? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can answer any questions you may have.