Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Human Resources,
Management, Department of
Management, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
- Doctor of Philosophy, Business Administration, W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, 2010
- Master of Business Administration, , Marriott School of Management, Brigham Young University, 2003
- Bachelor of Science, American Studies, Brigham Young University, 2000
- Academy of Management 2005
- "Followers don’t see their leaders as real people.", Harvard Business Review, 2017.
- "Inclusive leadership: Realizing positive outcomes through belongingness and being valued for uniqueness.", Human Resource Management Review, 2017.
- "Larger than life: Narcissistic organizational identification in leadership", Organizational Dynamics, 2017.
- "Make sure your employees have good things to say about you behind your back", Harvard Business Review, 2016.
- "Narcissistic organizational identification: Seeing oneself as central to the organization’s identity", Academy of Management Review, Edition 2, Volume 40, Issue 2, Pages 163-181, 2015.
- "The development of motivation to lead and leader role identity.", Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 2013.
- "Servant leadership: Exploring executive characteristics and firm performance", Personnel Psychology, Volume 65, Pages 565-596, 2012.
- "A multilevel systems model of leadership", Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies, 2011.
- "Spreading the word: The role of surrogates in charismatic leadership processes", Academy of Management Review, Volume 35, Pages 477-494, 2010.
- "Visionary communication qualities as mediators of the relationship between narcissism and attributions of leader charisma", Personnel Psychology, Volume 63, Pages 509-537, 2010.
- "Alternative perspectives of responsible leadership", Organizational Dynamics, 2008.
- "Developing holistic leaders: Four domains for leadership development and practice", Human Resource Management Review, 2007.
- "Leadership development and strategic HR at a crossroads.", Human Resource Management: Contemporary Issues, Challenges, and Opportunities, 2007.
- "When group identities matter: Bias in performance appraisal.", Academy of Management Annals, 2007.
- "Leadership and organizational learning: A multiple levels perspective", The Leadership Quarterly, 2006.
- Academy of Management Annual Meeting Outstanding Reviewer , Academy of Management , 2017
- Alvah H. Chapman Jr. Leadership Dissertation Award Committee/Council Member - 2017
- Academy of Management Review Editorial Review Board Member 2015 - 2017
- Brokering access through the glass ceiling: Sponsorship of women and minorities - - Academy of Management Annual Meeting - 2017
- Managing Millennials - Bamboo HR - Bamboo HR Summit - 2017
- The impact of narrative alignment on identification trajectories in organizations - - Academy of Management Annual Meeting - 2017
- Managing narcissistic employees in the workplace. - - BYU OBHR Conference - 2016
- Realizing positive work relationships through inclusive leadership. - - Academy of Management Annual Meeting - 2016
- What’s your contribution? A workshop on developing a real theoretical contribution - - Academy of Management Annual Meeting - 2016
- Performance Management Behaviors: The Pathway to Firm Performance. - Academy of Management - Academy of Management Annual Meeting - 2015
- The role of dark side personality in work and career contexts: Exploring new avenues. - Academy of Management - Academy of Management Annual Meeting - 2015
- Trouble between Formal and Informal Leaders: The effects of Unrequited Friendship. - Academy of Management - Academy of Management Annual Meeting - 2015