Accountancy, School of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Greg Burton is the Associate Director and KPMG Distinguish Professor in the School of Accountancy at Brigham Young University. Greg teaches auditing, financial accounting, international accounting, and international business. He received a B.A. and MAcc in accounting from Utah State University and his Ph.D. from the University of South Carolina, with an interest in international business. He has been honored with several teaching awards, most recently the 2016 Marriott School of Management Teaching Excellence Award.
Greg has consulted with businesses or given presentations in more than 50 countries. He is the past president of the International Accounting Section of the American Accounting Association. In 2008-2009, he was appointed the Academic Fellow in the Division of Corporation Finance at the Securities and Exchange Commission. Prior to receiving his Ph.D., he was a senior manager with KPMG and spent two years on an international rotation living and working in Southeast Asia. Greg and his wife, Mirial, have five children and seven grandchildren.
- Academy of International Business 2004
- "The Impact of Audit Penalty Distributions on the Detection and Frequency of Fraudulent Reporting", Review of Accounting Studies, Volume 16, Issue 4, Pages 843-865, 2011.
- "U.S. Perspectives on Implementation of IFRS", Law, Corporate Governance and Accounting: European Perspectives, Routledge, 2011.
- Marriott School of Management Teaching Excellence Award, Marriott School, 2016
Certificates and Licenses
- Certified Global Management Accountant AICPA 2012
- Curriculum Committee Committee/Council Chair August, 2016
- Curriculum Committee Committee/Council Member August, 2016
- International Accounting Study Abroad Program Chair/Coordinator May, 2007
- Library and Scholarly Communications Advisory Council Committee/Council Member August, 2014 - August, 2016
- Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation Editorial Review Board Member November, 2016
- Council Committee on Awards Committee Committee/Council Chair August, 2016
- JIAR Conference Committee Committee/Council Chair August, 2015
- Journal of International Accounting Research Editor, Associate Editor June, 2014
- American Accounting Association Sharpening Our Vision Task Force Member January, 2013
- JIAR Conference Committee-American Accounting Association Committee/Council Member August, 2012
- American Accounting Association Committee/Council Member August, 2015 - August, 2018
- International Accounting Section Officer August, 2014 - August, 2015
- International Accounting Section Officer August, 2013 - August, 2014
- American Accounting Association Nominations Committee Member January, 2013 - December, 2013
- KPMG — Technical topic and auditor training June, 2011