Information Systems, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Gove N. Allen received his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota in 2001 and is currently an associate professor of information systems at Brigham Young University’s Marriott School of Management. His research has appeared in such journals of MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, Communications of the AIS, Journal of Database Management, and others. Dr. Allen has consulted on implementing information technology with major corporations, including AT&T, Hewlett Packard, Micron, Intel, 3M, American Express, and the Kennedy Space Center.
- Ph.D., Information and Decision Sciences, University of Minnesota, 2001
- Bachelor of Science, Accountancy, Brigham Young University, 1994
- Master of Accountancy, Information Systems, Brigham Young University, 1994
- Information Systems - Primary
- SIGSAND (AIS Special Interest Group on System Analysis and Design) - Academic researchers who concern themselves with the study of system analysis and design 2002
- AIS (Association for Information Systems) - The main association for academic information systems professionals 1999
- "Ethical Approach to Robotic Data Gathering in Academic Research", Software Agents and Law, Amicus books, Andhra Pradesh, India, L. Padmavathi.
- "A Research Note on Representing Part-Whole Relations", MIS Quarterly, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2012.
- "Information Systems Research Behaviors: What Are the Normative Standards?", Management Information Systems Quarterly, 2011.
- "Opinions Regarding Research Ethics: A Cross-Discipline Comparison", MIS Quarterly, Edition 3, Volume 35, Issue 3, Pages 533-551, MISRC, Minneapolis, MN, Arun Rai, 2011.
- "How Well Do Shopbots Represent Online Markets? A Study of Shopbots? Vendor Coverage Strategy", European Journal of Information Systems, Palgrave, Houndmills, 2010.
- "Is Query Reuse Potentially Harmful? Anchoring and Adjustment in Adapting Existing Database Queries", Information Systems Research (ISR), 2010.
- "Challenges in Requirements Engineering: An Ontology of the Artificial for Conceptual Modeling", Design Requirements Engineering: A Ten-year Perspective, Springer, Lyytinen, K.J.; Loucopoulos, P.; Mylopoulos, J.; Robinson, W., 2009.
- "Ethical Approaches to Robotic Data Gathering in Academic Research", International Journal of Internet Research Ethics, Volume 1, Pages 9-36, Center of Information Policy Research, Milwaukee, WI, 2008.
- "Ontological Foundations for Active Information Systems", International Journal of Intelligent Information Technologies, Volume 3, Pages 1-12, Idea Group Publishing, Hershey, PA, 2007.
- "Advances in Data Modeling", Communications of the AIS, Volume 17, Pages 677-692, Association for Information Systems, 2006.
- "Academic Data Collection in Electronic Environments: Defining", MIS Quarterly, Volume 30, Pages 599-610, 2006.
- "The Effects of State-Based and Event-Based Data Representations on User Performance in Query Formulation Tasks", MIS Quarterly, Volume 30, Pages 269-290, 2006.
- "Modeling Temporal Dynamics for Business Systems", Journal of Database Management, Volume 14, Pages 21-36, Idea Group, Hershey, PA, 2003.
- "On the Representation of Temporal Dynamics", Advanced Topics in Database Research, Volume 2, Idea Group, Hershey, PA, Keng Siau, 2002.
- ISO 9000 Survey '99, Pages 301, Mc Graw - Hill, New York, 1999.
- "Developing And Teaching IS'97.2: Personal Productivity With", Communications of the AIS, Volume 1, Association for Information Systems, 2-30, 1999.
- "Research Frontiers in Object Technology", Information Systems Frontiers, Volume 1, Pages 51-74, 1999.
- Academic - Post-Secondary
- Assistant Professor, Tulane University 2001 - 2007
- MBA Teacher Honor Roll , Tulane University , 2006
- Excellence in Teaching Award , Carlson School of Management , 2000
- ICIS Doctoral Consortium Delegate , Association of the AIS , 2000
- Other (Move to BYU Citizenship?) — Harold B. Lee Library: I am the department liaison to the library. I review periodicals and publications for possible acquisition. 2009 - 2009
- Other (Move to BYU Citizenship?) — Harold B. Lee Library: I am the department liaison to the library. I review periodicals and publications for possible acquisition. 2008 - 2008
- Other (Move to BYU Citizenship?) — Harold B. Lee Library: I am the department liaison to the library. I review periodicals and publications for possible acquisition. 2007 - 2007
- Marriott School Academic Scheduler Other September, 2016
- Undergraduate Student Recruiting Committee/Council Chair 2009 - 2015
- Committee to evaluate changes to the Junior Core Committee/Council Member 2009 - 2011
- BSIS Admissions Committee Committee/Council Member 2009 - 2009
- Faculty/External Committee Committee/Council Member 2007 - 2008
- MIS Quarterly Other February, 2017
- Electronic Commerce Research and Applications Journal Editor, Associate Editor September, 2009 - 2016
- Journal of Database Management Editorial Review Board Member January, 2007 - January, 2016
- AIS Special Interest Group on System Analysis and Design Other June, 2012 - June, 2014
- International Conference on Information Systems Conference-Related Role December, 2009 - December, 2010
- International Conference on Conceptual Modeling Conference-Related Role November, 2009 - November, 2010
- Association for Information Systems Other 2009 - 2009
- Association for Information Systems Officer 2009 - 2009
- Electronic Commerce Research Association Editor, Associate Editor 2007 - 2009
- Information Systems Research Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer 2007 - 2009
- MIS Quarterly Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer 2007 - 2009
- Productions and Operations Management Journal Editorial Review Board Member 2007 - 2009
- Special Interest Group on System Analysis and Design Committee/Council Chair 2008 - 2008
- Special Interest Group on System Analysis and Design Officer 2006 - 2008
- BYU Precision Machine Lab — Technical/Professional Work: Modify existing job tracking system to meet ongoing needs. January, 2009 - January, 2015