Department Chair and Professor,
Experience Design & Management, Department of
Experience Design & Management, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
- Utah Recreation Therapy Association 2006
- American Therapeutic Recreation Association - Primary 2003
- National Recreation and Park Association 1997
- Professional Ski Instructors of America 1996
- "Adolescent summer camp volunteers' attitudes towards peers with disabilities", Leisure Sciences, Edition 3, Volume 39, Issue 3, Pages 277-294.
- "Professional Ethics", Perspectives on Recreational Therapy, Pages 293-306, Sagamore - Venture Publishing, Urbana, IL, Austin, D. & McCormick, B., 2017.
- "Issues and adventures in evaluation and outcome research", Professional issues in therapeutic recreation: On competence and outcomes, Pages pp. 529–542, Sagamore, N. Stumbo, B. Wolfe, & S. Pegg, 2017.
- "Facilitating innovation in leisure service organizations", Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, Edition 2, Volume 34, Issue 2, Pages 49-61, 2016.
- "Techniques and Interventions: Adaptive Sports", Recreational therapy basics, techniques, and interventions, Idyll Arbor, H. Porter, 2016.
- "Female veteran’s involvement in outdoor sports and recreation: A theoretical sample of recreation opportunity structures", Journal of Leisure Research, Edition 5, Volume 48, Issue 5, Pages 349-373, Sagamore, Urbana, IL, 2016.
- "The mediating effects of autonomy, competence, and relatedness during couple leisure on the relationship between total couple leisure satisfaction and marital satisfaction.", Journal of Leisure Research, Edition 5, Volume 48, Issue 5, Pages 349-373, 2016.
- "Adolescent summer camp volunteers’ attitudes towards peers with disabilities.", Leisure Sciences, Pages 18, 2016.
- "Second class soldiers: The role of an outdoor sports and recreation program in addressing the relationship between gender, social support, and military trauma.", This land is your land: Toward a better understanding of nature’s resiliency-building and restorative power for armed forces personnel, veterans, and their families., Sagamore Publishing LLC, Urbana, IL, 2015.
- "This land is your land: Toward a better understanding of nature’s resiliency-building and restorative power for armed forces personnel, veterans, and their families.", Sagamore Publishing LLC, Urbana, IL, 2015.
- "Where do we go from here?", This land is your land: Toward a better understanding of nature’s resiliency-building and restorative power for armed forces personnel, veterans, and their families., Sagamore Publishing LLC, Urbana, IL, 2015.
- "Me, my spouse, and my avatar: The relationship between marital satisfaction and playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG’s).", Journal of Leisure Research, Edition 1, Volume 44, Issue 1, Pages 1-22, 2012.
- "Adaptive sports participation among veterans returning from combat with acquired disabilities", Therapeutic Recreation Journal, Edition 2, Volume 45, Issue 2, Pages 105-119, Sagamore, Urbana, IL, 2011.
- "Identity Negotiating: Re-defining Stigmatized Identities through Recreational Sports Participation among Individuals with Physical Disability", Journal of Leisure Research, Edition 2, Volume 43, Issue 2, Pages 205-225, Sagamore Publishing LLC, Urbana, IL, Kimberly J. Shinew, 2011.
- "Introduction to veteran issues: The role of therapeutic recreation", Therapeutic Recreation Journal, Edition 4, Volume 45, Issue 4, Pages 265-267, Sagamore, Urbana, IL, 2011.
- "Psychological need satisfaction through sports participation among international athletes with cerebral palsy", Annals of Leisure Research, Edition 1&2, Volume 13, Issue 1&2, Pages 102-115, 2010.
- "Measuring marital satisfaction: A comparison of the Revised Dyadic Adjustment Scale and the Satisfaction with Married Life Scale", Marriage and Family Review, Edition 4, Volume 45, Issue 4, Pages 412-429, 2009.
- "Using wheelchair sports to compliment disability awareness curriculum among college students.", Schole:A Journal of Leisure Studies and Recreation Education, Volume 23, Pages 61-74., National Recreation and Park Association, Ashburn, VA, 2008.
- "Influence of adapted sport on quality of life: Perceptions of athletes with cerebral palsy.", Disability and Rehabilitation, Pages 1-9, 2008.
- Citizenship Award , Marriott School of Management
- Department Chair — 2015
Certificates and Licenses
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification 1997
- Performance Evaluation Committee/Council Member 2015 - 2015
- Rank and Status Committee/Council Chair September, 2013 - 2015
- Graduate Program Graduate Coordinator 2012 - 2015
- Outdoor Committee Committee/Council Member 2009 - 2010
- Therapeutic Recreation Journal Reviewer, Ad Hoc Reviewer 2015
- Higher Education Task Force: ATRA Committee/Council Chair 2013 - 2015
- Therapeutic Recreation Journal Editor, Associate Editor April, 2011 - October, 2011
- No Barriers — Conduct evaluation training and research 2015
- STEPS Recovery — Substance Abuse Recovery January, 2013
- Utah State Hospital — Utilizing Motivational Interviewing in Therapeutic Recreation services September, 2011 - September, 2015