Management, Department of
To view contact information, verify you are human below:
Jeff Bednar (PhD, University of Michigan) is an Assistant Professor in the Organizational Leadership and Strategy Department at Brigham Young University. His research focuses on how individuals and collectives construct and maintain their identities, and how they respond to various identity challenges. His research has been published in various books and journals including the Academy of Management Review, Academy of Management Journal, and Organization Science. Jeff also teaches courses related to organizational behavior and works with organizations and executives wrestling with issues related to their identity and culture.
- PhD, Management and Organizations, University of Michigan, 2013
- B.S., Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2007
- MAcc, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2007
- Academy of Management 2006
- "Putting identification in motion: A dynamic view of organizational identification", Organizational Science, 2019.
- "The impact of leader moral humility on follower moral self-efficacy and behavior", Journal of Applied Psychology, 2019.
- "Status and the true believer: The impact of psychological contracts on social status attributions of friendship and influence", Edition 1, Volume 25, Issue 1, Pages 73-92, Organization Science, 2014.
- "Africa, the Informal Economy, and the Hermeneutic Circle", Research Methodology in Strategy and Management (RMSM): Volume 9: Advancing Strategic Management in the African Context: Techniques, Methods, and Designs for Research Methodology in Strategy and Management, Volume 10, Pages 133-166, Emerald, Boston, Amsterdam, 2014.
- "What Clients Don't Get about My Profession: A Model of Perceived Role-Based Image Discrepancies", Academy of Management Journal, 2013.
- "Pathways for Positive Identity Construction at Work: Four Types of Positive Identity and the Building of Social Resources", Academy of Management Review, 2010.
- Outstanding Teacher Award , Department of Management , 2018
- Outstanding Teacher Award , OBHR Group/OLS Department , 2015
- Cougar Strategy Emerging Markets Consulting Project Program Chair/Coordinator January, 2015 - June, 2016
- Academy of Management Review Editorial Review Board Member August, 2017